About Rosewood Hills
Conveniently located off Rosewood Drive between Gregg and Superior Streets in downtown Columbia, S.C., Rosewood Hills is a shining example of comfortable in-town green living. The community is located near a variety of local attractions, restaurants, shopping districts and major roadways, and is zoned for award-winning public schools.
Thanks, in part, to a $10.7 million HOPE VI Revitalization Grant, CHA has developed 166 units on the former Hendley Homes public housing site and on several contiguous parcels of land that CHA purchased to increase the size of the community.
This new in-town neighborhood includes 60 single-family homes that are one and two-stories with 3 or 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and range in size from 1,200 to 2,050 square feet. In addition, the development includes 32 town homes, 52 senior apartments, and 22 duplex units.
View Single-Family Homes
Unique home features at Rosewood Hills include energy efficient green features, hardi-board siding, architectural shingles, 9-foot ceilings, rear garages and screened rear porches. The new community also features $6.5 million in public improvements, including new streets and streetscapes, wide sidewalks, parks, green space, and solar powered Wi-Fi available to all residents.
About the Area
- .6 miles from Williams Bryce Stadium, home of the USC Gamecocks
- .5 miles from the State Fair Grounds
- 1.5 miles from Five Points
- 2 miles from The Vista
- 1.5 miles from the University of South Carolina
- 8 miles from Columbia Metro Airport
- 2 miles from the Colonial Center
- 3 miles from the State Museum and EdVenture Children’s Museum
- 5.5 miles from Riverbanks Zoo
- 3 miles from I-26
- 3.5 miles from I-77
- 8 miles from I-20
- Less than 5 miles from 3 area hospitals
- A $10.7 million HOPE VI Revitalization Grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- More than $14 million in construction financing from local lending institutions, homebuilders and the city’s development corporation
- $4.5 million in infrastructure and site improvements from the City of Columbia
- Approximately $6.5 million in below market interest rate mortgages for homebuyers from the City Living Program.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- City of Columbia
- Wilbur Smith Associates
- Mungo Construction
- Connelly Builders
- McClam & Associates (infrastructure)
Call the Sales Office at (803)252-6332 to learn more about Rosewood Hills.